How To Make Apple Pie Moonshine
Apple pie moonshine, a flavorful elixir reminiscent of crisp autumn days and cozy gatherings, has captured the hearts of many with its tantalizing blend of spices and spirits. While the process may seem mysterious to some, it’s surprisingly straightforward and offers a delightful array of options to suit every palate.
Whether you prefer a quick fix or a gourmet experience, making apple pie moonshine is an adventure worth embarking on. Here, we’ll explore various recipes to help you create your own batch of liquid gold.
Understanding Apple Pie Moonshine
At its core, apple pie moonshine is a concoction that mirrors the flavors found in a traditional apple pie. The key spices—cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg—infuse the moonshine with warmth and depth, making it a beloved choice among enthusiasts. There are several variations of apple pie moonshine, each offering a unique twist on this classic beverage.
Before delving into specific recipes, let’s review the essential ingredients for crafting apple pie moonshine:
- 1 quart of high-proof alcohol (corn whiskey moonshine or Everclear)
- 3 cans of frozen apple concentrate
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 0-2 cups of brown sugar (adjust according to desired sweetness)
Now, let’s explore three popular methods of making apple pie moonshine:
1. Super Easy Apple Pie Moonshine
Ideal for those seeking instant gratification, this recipe offers a quick and straightforward approach to making apple pie moonshine.
- In a pot, combine the apple concentrate, cinnamon sticks, and brown sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Once cooled, divide the mixture into jars and top them off with high-proof alcohol.
- Allow the moonshine to sit for a day to let the flavors meld before enjoying.
2. The “No-Boil” Apple Pie Moonshine
For a smoother and more refined flavor profile, opt for the “no-boil” method, which involves steeping the ingredients without cooking.
- Mix the apple concentrate, cinnamon sticks, and brown sugar in a container.
- Let the mixture steep for at least 12 hours, preferably up to 48 hours, to allow the flavors to develop fully.
- Once steeped, add the high-proof alcohol and let the moonshine rest for additional flavor infusion.
- Strain the mixture before serving to remove any sediment.
3. Gourmet Apple Pie Moonshine
Elevate your apple pie moonshine game with a gourmet twist by incorporating a blend of spices for an unparalleled taste experience.
- Enhance the base recipe with additional spices such as ginger, orange peel, cloves, allspice, vanilla bean, or peppercorn.
- Experiment with different spice combinations to find your perfect balance of flavors.
- Allow the moonshine to age for a few days to a week to intensify the spice infusion before serving.
4. Hot Apple Pie Moonshine
For a cozy winter treat, consider serving hot apple pie moonshine alongside spiced apple cider.
- Prepare the standard apple pie moonshine recipe.
- Heat spiced apple cider in a crockpot and allow guests to add apple pie moonshine to their individual servings.
- Avoid heating the moonshine directly to preserve its alcohol content.
Whether you prefer a quick fix or a gourmet experience, crafting your own apple pie moonshine allows you to tailor the flavor to your liking. Experiment with different recipes and spice combinations to discover your perfect blend. Just remember to enjoy responsibly and share the joy with friends and family.
Please note that the provided recipe and information are for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is important to research and understand the legalities of distillation in your area before attempting to make moonshine. Enjoy responsibly.