Pecan Pie Bread Pudding Recipe
This Pecan Pie Bread Pudding recipe holds a special place in my heart, as it combines two of my all-time favorite desserts into one indulgent dish. The idea for this recipe sparked from cherished family gatherings where my grandmother would effortlessly whip up the most delectable pecan pies while my aunt mastered the art of creating mouthwatering bread puddings.
In an attempt to merge their culinary genius, this exquisite fusion was born—a delightful marriage of rich, buttery pecan pie flavors with the comforting warmth of bread pudding.
What we LOVE about this Pecan Pie Recipe:
- A Fusion of Flavors: This recipe beautifully marries the classic, nutty essence of pecan pie with the comforting embrace of bread pudding. The crispy, caramelized pecan topping contrasts perfectly with the soft, custardy bread pudding beneath, creating an explosion of textures and flavors in every bite.
- Versatile and Crowd-Pleasing: Whether served as a delightful dessert for a family gathering or as an irresistible sweet treat for a cozy night in, this dish is versatile and always receives rave reviews. Its combination of familiar flavors appeals to a wide range of palates, making it a crowd-pleaser at any event.
- Nostalgic Comfort: This recipe evokes a sense of nostalgia, reminiscent of cherished moments shared around the table with loved ones. The aromas wafting through the kitchen as it bakes transport you back to heartwarming memories, making it not just a dessert but a sentimentally comforting experience.
- Easy Preparation: Despite its luxurious taste, this Pecan Pie Bread Pudding is surprisingly simple to prepare. Using readily available ingredients and straightforward steps, it allows anyone to recreate a dessert that tastes like it came straight from a professional bakery.
- Adaptable and Satisfying: It’s incredibly adaptable. Whether you prefer it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with caramel sauce, or simply as is, each serving is a delightful symphony of sweet flavors and fulfilling textures, leaving you yearning for just one more spoonful.
This Pecan Pie Bread Pudding isn’t just a dessert; it’s a love letter to the art of baking and a tribute to the joyous moments shared over homemade delights.
View this post on Instagram
For the Bread Pudding:
- 1 loaf of day-old French bread, cut into cubes (about 6-7 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Pecan Pie Topping:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the cubed bread pieces and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, whole milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cubed bread, ensuring all the bread is soaked. Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes, allowing the bread to absorb the liquid.
- While the bread is soaking, prepare the pecan pie topping. In a separate bowl, combine the chopped pecans, melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are incorporated.
- After the bread has soaked up the liquid, gently transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly.
- Evenly distribute the pecan pie topping over the bread mixture, making sure the pecans are spread out.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the bread pudding is set and the top is golden brown.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving. The pudding can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Optionally, serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
This Pecan Pie Bread Pudding recipe is more than just a dessert; it’s a nostalgic journey that reminds me of cherished moments spent with loved ones. I hope it brings as much joy to your table as it has to mine!
View this post on Instagram